Skip to content
Des Moines Family Law Attorney
Whether you are going through a divorce, seeking more custody rights with your children, seeking to adopt, contemplating marriage, or a same-sex couple seeking to enforce legal rights regarding their relationship, a compassionate Des Moines family law attorney here at Herting Law, PLLC is ready to help. Contact our firm today so we can get started.
Get Help Today
Des Moines Family Law Attorney | Fighting for Families in Iowa
When individuals are confronted with divorce, concerns about money and children become acutely important. Our firm focuses on finding and implementing creative solutions to these and other concerns for our family law clients. We always try to reach the most satisfying outcome possible — both financially and emotionally — for clients and their families. Often, this means mediation and other alternative dispute resolution techniques. While some firms will only take your case if they think it will be settled out of court or if they expect the resolution will be a simple task, Herting Law is willing to fight for your interests both in and out of court.
Our Legal Services
The experienced Des Moines family law attorneys here at Hertine Law handles a wide array of family law matters on behalf of our clients, including the following:
- Divorce: Divorce is a complex issue, both emotionally and legally, and if you are gearing up for a divorce, you need an attorney who can effectively fight for your best interests through every step of the process.
- Child Custody: There is nothing more important to a parent than caring for and raising their child, and if you are a divorcing parent, you are most likely seeking at least shared custody of your child. Our firm will work to ensure that your child’s well-being is protected.
- Child Visitation: If you were not awarded child custody, you should still be entitled to visitation rights, which will allow you to spend time with and continue to be a part of your child’s life. We are here to help you secure those rights.
- Child Support Modifications: As you may know, child support is often a critical issue among divorcing parents. However, in the years following a child support agreement, things change, and oftentimes, altered circumstances in either parents’ life, or even in their child’s life, may warrant a modification to their initial support agreement. Our firm can assist you in seeking a modification.
- Premarital Agreements: Though most people do not want to think about drafting premarital agreements, as they aren’t the most romantic gesture, the truth is, they are an incredibly useful tool that may preserve and protect your hard-earned assets in the long run. We have drafted countless premarital agreements on behalf of our clients in the past, and we can do the same for you.
- Adoption: Adoption one of the most selfless things someone can do for another person, and few things make us happier than guiding parents and their future child through the adoption process. If you are looking to adopt a child, our firm would be elated to assist you and ensure that everything moves along as smoothly as possible.
Contact a Des Moines Family Law Attorney
The bottom line is that if you have any family law needs that require experienced legal assistance, you can depend on us to resolve your matter compassionately and effectively. Contact Herting Law, PLLC today to schedule your free consultation with our firm.
Read Our Latest Blog Posts